Have Car Will Travel – Car Rental Tips
There are many ways to get the best out of your holiday.Visiting different places, exploring the way of lives of the local people, the flexibility of stopping at beautiful, eye stopping scenery can only be done effectively by car. Be adventurous, explore the holiday destination by renting a car.There are many car rental companies, you can rent a car either online or when you are at the holiday place.
Here are some tips on how to get the best car rental:
1. Do your research. Do you intend to book the car online before going to the destination or are you going to rent a car when you are at the place. Choose three to four car rental firms that fit your wants and needs like the number of passenger, will you be travelling through country roads. Search for the car rental company either through the phonebook or through the internet. Look in detail every possible company before you make a choice, asked around for recommendations as you don’t want to miss out on the best car rental company.
2. Use the internet to search for a car rental company is a quick and efficient way of finding the ideal car rental company. There are comparison sites that would present a selection of car rental companies and their prices. Booking a car online with the car rental company can also help you save money. Most car rental company offer internet only discount and some even help you to find a car at your desired price when you give them your budget.
3. You can usually get good discount on car rental with packages like fly-drive-stay or fly-drive. Such packages takes away your worries about hotel or airline as it is all taken care of in a package. Check with the travel agencies about such packages.
4. If you have Air miles and they are about to expire, there are some car rental companies that would exchange these discounts to discounts on your car rental. In this way, you would not waste your Air miles and you can make huge savings on your car rental.
5. Contact the car rental company and ask about their special offers, location, availability, pickup sites, rates, special rates, hotel and airline partnerships, extra charges, insurance, everything you can think of that can help lower what you have to pay for your car rental and what would make the car rental more convenient for you.
6. Choose a pickup point; preferably at the airport upon your arrival, your hotel or place of stay. If not, find one that is near you so it won’t be a hassle.
7. Choose the car according to your needs. Find a car that could fit all the people you’ll have in it, the number of luggage if it is from the airport. If you’re travelling alone; it would be wise to book a smaller capacity car as some car rental company charge higher for bigger cars.
8. When you have made your selection, the next thing to do is to reserve it. Some car rentals include the reservation fee on the overall rent, some charged an extra fee, ask the car rental about this in your enquiry.
9. When collecting the rental car, check if there are available upgrades at no charge. As you would want the best deal and the best car, the trick is to pick up your car early in the morning, when the other cars have not been returned yet. Usually at this time there is a shortage on economy cars and the firm might just give you an upgrade for a lower price.
Lastly, remember to check on the driving license requirement, that is, do you need to get an international driving license. Exploring by car is definitely an enjoyable way to get the best on your holiday.